Here’s a snapshot of my experience measured in sound bites, a dozen one-line reminders, recommendations, and definitions I overheard (or synthesized) at AWP last week. Sure, they’re out of context, but isn’t that part of the fun? I’ll commit to making full pieces out of some of these soon.
12. Listicles are a legitimate form of online publication.–@JamieIredell
11. Writing (capital W) about something is actually about creating distance.–@BenTanzer
10. An essay is a unique expression of universal insight.–@AnnaMarch
8. You don’t get to have a mind without a body.–Eula Biss
7. There is no self beyond the constructed self.–Claudia Rankine
5. If you want to be a writer, you must become teachable–if you succeed, the piece will be your teacher.–@ElyssaEast (I think she’s paraphrasing someone else, but didn’t…
View original post 86 more words