I am grateful for so many things. I had some things to get off my chest before I could write this post, but those words have been said and now here we are. (Names abbreviated to protect the innocent, and also because this links to a national blog and I haven’t asked any of you. But you know that I love you all.) 🙂
- I am grateful for time. I used to dread it, but then I realized that it’s all in how we utilize it. As humans, we do not have enough. We need to make the most of everything, and I’m grateful to have the opportunity to do that.
- I am grateful for the wilderness, and nature. I learned a lot about myself this weekend hiking and having quiet time to think. And writing by lantern light in the middle of the forest. I feel like I understand so much more about myself and the world. Crazy? Probably.
- Along those same lines, I am grateful to have a stove and a fridge and an oven and cold beverages and hot showers and all of the amenities I lacked while hiking.
- I am grateful for the ability to write. It is such an incredible gift, and I pray that I can use it to do many positive things.
- I am grateful for animals. They are super awesome and amazing companions. Especially mine.
- I am grateful for school. So grateful. I have learned an incredible amount, above and beyond academia. I have found myself.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to teach. I have learned a great deal from my students.
And here’s where I get cheesy…
- I am grateful to A, for giving me a place to live, accepting me into the family, listening to/putting up with me, and being the greatest friend ever. I’m grateful for all of the games, the adventures, the cooking, and the pumpkins in the backyard. And also for setting me back on the path to life after it all fell apart.
- I am grateful to T, for being the most awesome advisor ever and lending an ear even when I was a giant pain in the ass. I have learned more from her than I even thought possible.
- I am grateful to D, for also being awesome and always willing to listen and help wherever she could; she never stopped believing in me. And as a side note, for teaching me about topic sentences. Apparently, I had forgotten their existence for a while, but not anymore. I can write a pretty awesome paper.
- I am grateful for N; not only did she read everything that I had to write, she helped me find ways in which I could improve both my writing and myself. And though she didn’t always comment on my stuff, it was awesome just to know I was being heard. This was a salvation in ways that few will ever know.
- I am grateful for T(2) for lending me an ear over the summer, and for being an awesome cheerleader of my writing.
- I am grateful to D(2) for doing the same, and for encouraging me to keep believing in myself.
- I am grateful to E, for teaching me that is possible (and totally okay) to make new and awesome friends that will accept and like me for the person that I am, and for the fantastic adventures that we have had thus far. Hopefully we will have many more.
- I am grateful to J for encouraging me regarding school; I would not be where I am now had I not followed the advice she gave me so long ago.
- Okay. So I’m grateful for everyone. 🙂 The end.