My friend Emily introduced me to this website today, in which each week of the year has a writing prompt for a list. As we are almost half way through the year, I’ll have to do one a day to catch up. But this is currently distracting me from all of the things I should be doing. And so, today’s list-words that touch my soul.
There are too many to list them all…
- Diaspora (the scattered). I just love this word. Originally, it was used to describe the Jews when they were exiled from their homes. I used it this year as the title to a novella.
- Progress. Because I’ve made so much of it.
- Healing. Because I’ve done that too.
- Trust. Because I’m learning to do it.
- Friendship. Because I know what it means now.
- Authentic. Because if you aren’t authentic, you aren’t honest, and you will never know your true self. I’ve learned that it’s so, so important to let others know the real you.
- Industriously. Because I do everything industriously. And I use this word a lot.
- Strategy. Because life is all about how you play the game.
- Instant. Because life can happen in an instant.
- Involution. Because life is intricate, and it really all just spirals in upon itself.
- Supererogation. Because doing more than is required describes me in a nutshell.
- Adroit. Because I believe myself to be quite skillful in matters of the mind. And I’m not bragging. It just is what it is.
And now, back to work. 🙂